Color, color, color. Color has been the driving force throughout my painting life. I hope my paintings express joy, whimsy, and sometimes humor.
After growing up in French Lick, I attended Indiana University Bloomington and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts. Many years later I returned to Indiana University and received a Master’s Degree in Art Education. For the next thirty years I lived in and around Seattle, Washington with two years in southern California. In 2008, I returned to French Lick to be close to my parents. I became the Director of the Melton Public Library in French Lick and retired in 2018.
My love of art guided my career choices:
- Art teacher in West Covina, California and in Bellevue, Washington
- Manager and Buyer for the Museum of Northwest Art in La Conner, Washington
- Owned an art supply store, Primary Colors, in La Conner, Washington
- Art Curator for the Depot Arts Center in Anacortes, Washington
- Art Curator for the Bowman Gallery in Anacortes, Washington
- Mural commissions sponsored by: The Seattle Arts Commission; the Skagit Valley Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Washington; and the Wright-Schuchart Corporation in Seattle, Washington
- Participated in many art shows and one woman shows in Seattle, Bow-Edison, La Conner, and Anacortes Washington
- Currently, I am happy to be represented by the Traditional Arts Today in Ferdinand, Indiana